Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Worry about yourself!



This video is probably cuter if you have little kids and have experienced the "joy" of trying to help them in their stubbornness.
I was recently able to attend a conference in Chicago through the Revive Our Hearts ministry.  I knew it was geared for woman in leadership, but not much else.  The theme of the who deal ended up being based around the idea of helping people see grace during times of trial.  Getting in the mess and really ministering to the most hurting people that need ministered too.  I don't know about you - but that's something I tend to want to run from!  The weekend was good for my soul, and my leadership, in that it helped me to have the confidence I sometimes lack in knowing the truth about what God says about trial.  Hopefully I'll get around to more of that later, but for today I was looking through my notes from the first session and remembered this video.  Here are some of the points that connect with it:

- God is our help.  Johovah Azer.  I AM help.
- Sometimes we would rather live in defeat than cry out to God for His help.  He wants to help us and He will wait for us to cry out.  He will wait for us to try getting help from other gods (people, quick fixes, programs) if that's what it takes.
- God does not help those who help themselves.  He helps those who cry out for help!
- Anything that makes you need God is a blessing.
- He would love for us to recognize - Why do I desperately need God today?  You do need him.

May God never allow me to get to the point where I think I can do what He has called me to do without His help.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP