Saturday, July 3, 2010

Florida Day 2

Last night did not go so well.  Savannah woke up about about 1:30am crying "owie mommy".  I know she wasn't hurt.  It was just a ploy for us to get her out of her pack and play.  It worked though since we didn't want her to wake up everyone in the place.  So we put her between us (in the King size bed) and she spent the next 2 hours rolling round and keeping all of us awake.  When my alarm went off at 5:15am it was not pretty.

We got up and got all ready and rode the Hotel shuttle to the airport, arriving there at 6:20am, only to find out at check in that our check bag was 10lbs over weight.  I am pretty bad at packing.... I get this from my mom. I'm always thinking  "what if it's too hot, or too cold, or we need extra socks, or 4 kinds of sunscreen".  Since we didn't have our car there, the only option was to find stuff to pull out of our bag to carry on.  So out came the toiletries (pretty heavy and easy to pull) and our tennis shoes (yes, we sat at the counter and changed shoes) and a couple other things.  There - we still weighed in at 52lbs!  The lady was getting ready to go on vacation herself (we caught that from her side convo with a fellow worker) so she let us by with a warning for next time.  Whew!  Next we hit up the security check point and OH NO!  I forgot about the "3oz liquids in a plastic baggy" rule!  And here we are with our toiletry bags - razors, nail clippers, over sized shampoo bottles and all.  So while we waited in line I QUICKLY went through everything.  I threw away so much stuff.  I was all sweaty and tense too.  Then we got through the security check point with only the "FLARP putty" holding us up.  

FINALLY, at 7:45am, we boarded plane number 1.  Just before we boarded Savannah and I each took a children's benadryl.  Savannah was really excited about the plane ride.  She bounced around on the seat, and off the seat.  Looked out the windows.... all the fun stuff.  We took off and she looked out the window in awe.  Then about 3 minutes after we hit the air she fell asleep in my arms.  It was nice.  She hasn't done that in over  year.  She slept about an hour and a half.  Then we played.  She was super good.  We landed in Atlanta and had about 40 minutes to get some food and get to another terminal.  Someone told me to bring a stroller for the airport - good advice!  It made that quick haul much easier!  We boarded flight number 2 - Savannah discovered the overhead lights.  The flight was only about 30 minutes so we just played and looked out the window the whole time.  

Once in Florida, Greg and Lani picked us up at the airport.  It was fun to see Savannah so excited to see them.  We drove about 2 hours to the place that Greg and Shannon are staying this summer.  It rained here all day, but we were all pretty tired so it was okay.  Tonight we went out to see some of the student ministry that Greg works with.  It was pretty cool.  It was a lot like Salt Company back home.  Travis put Savannah to sleep tonight in the pack and play in the closet of the room we're staying in.  Hope she sleeps well tonight!  I'm WIPPED!


Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by 2008

Back to TOP