Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Pinterest Wins and Fails

This seemed to be a super popular blog post last time.  I had all kinds of people ask for another one, so here ya go!  It probably won't be as exciting as last time, just saying: 

WIN!!
Super easy and super good.  I think the key to this was the lime. Make sure you have one on hand.  We  did not have actual margaritas with this meal (Travis is on a low card diet deal) but I would suggest it.  





FAIL!
Nutella Cookies

Just eggs and flour - they were really really gross.  I don't know what I was expecting.  If it seems to easy and good to be true, then it is.  Plus I wasted a 1/2 cup of Nutella! Don't do it! 



WIN!!!

Uh, DUH!  Why didn't I think of this?  
So I ran 1/4  cup of baking soda with a cup of water through the coffee pot (no filter) and the first time tons of gross stuff came out.  My pot actually looked like this one, but with chunks of something floating in it.  I don't know.  Then I ran just water through three more times until the water was totally clear.  And guess what - my coffee tastes better!  



WIN!!
For Christmas we got out some butcher paper and traced Savannah hugging it (she was actually face down hugging the paper, not like this kid just laying there).  We then had her decorate the paper with hair and eyes and stuff.  It was awesome.  Folded it up and mailed it to my Grandmas for Christmas.  They both live far away.  I'm hoping that they wrapped them selves up in the paper when they got them.  Easy and meaningful. 



FAIL!!
Mirror Spray Paint
I don't know if I'm doin wrong or what.  Probably am.  But Mirror spray paint was not in anyway nearly as cool as I thought it would be.  My stuff didn't turn out like this.  It was blotchy and runny and sad looking.  It only looks like a mirror if you spray the back side of something clear (so glass or vases or whatever) because if you spray the outside then it looks like a tin can.  And it's really hard to get it even.  So just skip it.  Not worth it. 



WIN!!
This really needs no explanation.  It's just true. Come on people - loosen up!


WIN!!
This was amazing.  I actually threw it all in just 3 1/2 hours before dinner time AND the chicken was frozen solid when I started it. Add some avocado chunks to the top and Sold. 


So this post was a little less impressive than my last.  I've been busy doing my own thang apart from Pinterest. Plenty of spray painting, cutting hearts out of paper, and making old things work like new.  Here's my latest mantel goings on - 


Oh, you just wait till I get brave and get my sowing machine out!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP