Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And that's okay with me.

I was talking to a friend of mine today about the sense of entitlement that we can so easily wrap our hopes around.  Recently I have heard people around me talk about some of the things they think they deserve - to eat what they want when they want, have a smart phone, to one day move to a better house, to sit shot gun in the car, ... and the list goes on.  
Why do we do that to ourselves? 

In our conversation today, my friend told me of someone she was talking with recently that said "Ya know, I just realized that this standard of living is as good as it's ever going to get for me, and I'm okay with that."

What awesome perspective!  What is THIS, right now, whatever your circumstance (financially, relationally, physically) is the best it's ever going to be?  Are you okay with that? Because God Promises to give us everything we need and even some things we want.  And we should be okay with that. 

I was walking past our table the other day and noticed my reading materials waiting for me - I thought it was kind of funny.  The Bible, The Ikea Catalog, and The Christ Centered Life.  Judging by this picture, I might need to make some adjustments :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP